Blogmas day 24! It’s Christmas Eve and I just can’t believe how we have gotten here so quickly. This time of year is beautiful, it really does allow you to think of all the things you’re grateful for and how appreciative you are of life.
This year, I’m so thankful for change. Some people are afraid of change and I know I was as well, but this year, I embraced it. I graduated from my first degree, started my second in a new town, new university and begun creating a new life for myself. I’ve met some incredible people and I’ve had the best first semester ever. I threw myself in the deep end and started to experience the uni life I never really had in Aberystwyth.
With that in mind, I’m grateful for my grandmother. This year she’s had all sorts thrown at her and she has fought her way through it all. Taken it all in her stride and not let it get her down. Each day I realise that she’s the reason I’m working so hard to better myself. She’s a real inspiration and someone I’m so incredibly grateful to have in my life.
My niece and nephew are growing up so quickly, Gracie recently turned 7 and Ethan is due to turn 2 next month. It’s so amazing to have the honour of watching these little ones grow and develop into the most wonderful children ever. They’re experiencing childhood to the full and have the most amazing people in their lives to help them achieve whatever they want. They’re beautiful and I love them so much!
However this year, I’m most thankful for my mum. We haven’t always had the best bond, we haven’t always been close. To be honest, we’ve fought and battled with each other for years. Until this year, I experienced my first heartbreak and my mum was my absolute rock through it all. I was devastated and she helped me through everything. Something I never thought I would ever see her do. I do think she’s finally realised that I’m an adult now and she hadn’t been able to let me go for so long. But now she has, we’re closer than ever. I couldn’t imagine my mum not being in my life even when she’s being the biggest pain in the ass. This year I am so grateful to have had her help me and guide me through everything I’ve needed her for.
With love, Beth x
Another new year has passed and we’re almost in 2018! There are people everywhere doing things as a fresh start for the new year, whether it’s adding or removing things to your life or simply having a clear out. We all do a little something to really make a difference to the new year and month.
For me, I always like to have a clear out. I think there’s nothing better than starting the new year with a freshly cleaned home and a clear mind. I also like to do other things just to really make the extra difference to my life and I think it’s time to share them with you!
- Having a clear out is important so whether it’s your clothing, your draws or whatever it could possibly be. Go ahead and empty your unnecessary items into the bin for another year.
- Make decorative change to your home. Fancy a new colour in your living room? Flooring? Make a list of things you want to do to make your house feel that extra more homey and you’ll thank yourself in December when you achieve these.
- Send happy new year cards! It’s always lovely to show people how much you love them and how grateful you are for them. I think writing cards is so thoughtful and what better than letting someone know you’re so happy that you have them in your life.
- Give to the homeless or a charity, maybe both? Who knows. December is a month for giving and it doesn’t stop there! Whether you have left over food or clearing away any old toys, you can always donate them.
- Organise your monthly bills. Paper chase have the most incredible annual budget diaries and I think it’s a great way to get your finances in order and make 2018 another successful year.
- Plan a trip! There is nothing better than knowing you have something to look forward too. I definitely plan on organising a holiday this year and I can’t wait to give myself a little motivation and excitement for the upcoming months.
- Setting goals is important and for me, I like to do them monthly rather than yearly as they’re often more achievable. I really think that it’s important to do more of what makes you happy and do things to improve your sense of self.
Let me know some of the things that you like to do in January to make your new year more successful!
With love, Beth x
I’ve been an avid fan of the Garnier skincare for several years now. I think Garnier is one of the best priced and greatest quality on the drugstore market right now. So when I come across the new Garnier Micella Cleansing Water I was definitely intrigued.
There are two types of this product, one for combination and sensitive skin and another for just sensitive skin. I’ve been trying both at separate times to make sure I give them a fair and equal review.
I tried the combination and sensitive skin first, this one comes in the green bottle. I do have both sensitive skin and combination so I thought this would be ideal for me. I had been using it for several weeks and had noticed that my skin had been breaking out more than ever. After 4 weeks of using this and once I had stopped, I noticed my acne was clearing up amazingly. I don’t know whether the grape extract in this product maybe affected my skin but there is something in this product that made my skin flare up.
However, I really did like this product otherwise. I found that this really removed all my makeup, dirt and oil and I really felt like my skin was sparkling clean. Although I did like it I knew that it wasn’t helping my acne at all.
I then went ahead and tried the one that is just for sensitive skin and it’s been amazing. So amazing in fact that my skin has started to clear up and It’s even helping to control the oils on my face. It totally removes my makeup, makes my skin feel fresh and healthy and I can’t recommend this product enough.
Personally I think the one for sensitive skin is dependant on how sensitive your skin is but honestly, as a cleanser and makeup remover I think this product is outstanding. The formula really doesn’t feel drugstore at all.
Garnier has done it again and created the ideal cleanser!
The best part is how affordable this product is. I get mine for around £2.60 in savers but you can also purchase this in your local Superdrug, Boots and Wilkinson’s as well as many supermarkets.
With love, Beth x
Each year the movie industry releases so many good movies, admittedly I don’t often see many since I’m so busy. However I do make the exceptions to try and see as many as I can. With that in mind, I’ve seeen some decent ones this year and I can’t wait to share them with you!
- Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2
- Suicide Squad
- Wonder Woman
- Spider-Man Homecoming
- Beauty and the Beast
- Everything, Everything
These have been my favourites of this year! I hadn’t noticed the common theme of superhero movies but I know that these have been good ones! Let me know some of your favourites so I can give them a watch.
With love, Beth x
Tanya Burr is a makeup artist, YouTuber, author, now actor and owner and creater of Tanya Burr Cosmetics. I’ve been a fan of Tanya’s eyeshadows and lip products so each year, if I like a product I like to try and pick something up in her Christmas releases.
I’m not one of those people that has to get everything because to be honest, I won’t wear everything. There were some new matte lipsticks that I just didn’t really think I needed since I already have lip colours similar. I also didn’t think I needed a new bunch of her eyeshadows since I know they’re already incredible.
However, I just couldn’t leave this palette t sit on the self. For the price of £18 the Jingle and Mingle palette gives you 3 eyeshadows, a bronzer, a lip gloss, a silver glitter pot and a black eyeliner!
The reason I choose this particular palette is mostly because of the bronzer but I also felt like out of the releases, this is the palette that I’ll get a use out off and I particularly liked the tones of this palette. The Jingle and Mingle palette is labelled the night palette and there is another palette that is the day palette. However the other palette had shades that are similar to some I already own and I thought I wouldn’t get the use out of it.
I think for the price of the palette, you do get your money’s worth. Especially because glitter isn’t cheap at all and other than a mascara, you’re able to create a full eye look with this palette alone. So if you’re travelling over the holidays you can take this palette and a few other makeup items to create the perfect look.
I got mine from Superdrug and it’s also available online and at feelunique.com.
With love, Beth x
I recently shared 5 secret Santa ideas for girls so I thought, it was only right to do it for guys as well. I find buying gifts for guys so hard and if I don’t know them all that well, it’s even harder. Secret Santa is hard enough as it is without the added pressure of buying for someone who you don’t know well.
Honestly, I struggled with this one but I figured that these 5 gifts wouldn’t really go a miss.
1. Alcohol. Find out what their favourite alcoholic beverage is and buy them a bottle. Some say this is cheating, I personally think this is a fantastic idea.
2. A gift card isn’t a bad idea at all. I said in my last secret Santa post that a gift card really is an easy buy without the added pressure. Amazon, Game or even a clothing store would be fantastic options.
3. What sports do they like? A tv show maybe? You can get so many t-shirts from Amazon now that cater for so many things. This specific t-shirt from Amazon is for those rugby players out there, it’s such a good idea and creative.
4. If the guy is creative and enjoys these types of things, I totally recommend lego. It’s so fun for any age and you can even get lego sets which let you build cars and objects from films like Star Wars and Batman.
5. A sweets hamper. I don’t know anybody that doesn’t like sweets or chocolate. Put together a hamper full of sweets and chocolates. It’s a total win!
With love, Beth x
Happy blogmas day 4!
Whether you’re doing secret santa with your friends, in work or for any occasion, it’s often quite difficult to decide what to get for the individual. What if you don’t know them that well? What if you don’t know what they already have? It’s hard! It’s the most difficult part of buying gifts. However, there are ways to go around it.
A lot of the time there are budgets for secret Santa, so all of these possible gifts will be under a £15 limit but definitely decent gifts for a secret Santa.
1. Lush bath bombs. Can’t go a miss really can you? They’re gorgeous and are so fun. Who doesn’t love a bath bomb?
2. A DVD/book and a bottle of wine or box of chocolates. This one is definitely something you could use but remember to get the DVD/book in a genre they’ll like and the wine or chocolates that you know they’ll drink or eat.
3. Socks and pyjamas. Primark do some fantastic Christmas pjs and socks. The only problem with this is one is that you might have guess the clothing size but they’re pyjamas, who cares if they’re a little baggy?
4. Cute stationary. Again, Primark have some beautiful stationary sets. If you’re looking to splash out a bit you could head to paperchase and see what they have.
5. Nobody wants to be that person who gives a gift card but if you know that the person likes a specific shop, you could give them a £15 gift card. For me, I’d be so grateful for a £15 to Debenhams, Boots or Waterstones.
With love, Beth x
Happy Blogmas day 3!
I post every day of December as a countdown to Christmas, stop by at 6PM.
Blog post ideas are often difficult but blogmas ideas can be even harder. I post every day of December until Christmas Day and to stop myself from stressing I start planning them months in advance. I honestly couldn’t admire daily-bloggers more! It’s so hard. So I’ve created a list of ideas that you guys could do to make blogmas even easier and more fun for us all!
Here are my 20 blogmas post ideas:
- A Christmas Giveaway.
- Your Christmas wish list.
- A gift guide for.. (Mum, Dad, Brother, Boyfriend).
- How you decorate your Christmas tree.
- Your favourite Christmas decorations.
- A Christmas beauty haul.
- A Christmas themed day out? (Winter Wonderland or Christmas market?)
- Christmas outfit or makeup look.
- Winter clothing haul.
- Updated Christmas playlist.
- Winter nail colours.
- Favourite Christmas book/films/songs.
- DIY Christmas decoration tutorial.
- Guest post on Christmas traditions.
- Your favourite hot chocolate recipe.
- Secret Santa choices.
- Healthy Christmas themed snacks.
- DIY Christmas Stockings.
- Christmas cocktail recipes.
- Tell us about your favourite family Christmas traditions.
Do you have your own ideas? Comment and share them with us all.
With love, Beth x
Every day as a countdown until Christmas I’ll be uploading a new post at 6pm.
The final month of 2017 is here, so it’s obviously time to try and achieve my new year’s resolutions in one month (Just kidding, I forgot them). Let’s be honest that isn’t going to happen. I’ve been enjoying giving myself monthly goals and I think I’d like to try this throughout the next year. I think it’s such a fun way to keep track of your life and as a challenge to yourself each month.
This month’s goals:
- Maintain a healthy-ish diet throughout the holiday season (why would I do this to myself?)
- Maintain my weight! (Wishful thinking, right?)
- Watch at least 1 Christmas movie a week.
- Have my Christmas shopping finished a week before Christmas.
- Visit a Christmas market and Winter Wonderland.
- Enjoy the let month of 2017 and prepare for an amazing new year.
What are yours? Let me know!
With love, Beth x