Another new year has passed and we’re almost in 2018! There are people everywhere doing things as a fresh start for the new year, whether it’s adding or removing things to your life or simply having a clear out. We all do a little something to really make a difference to the new year and month.
For me, I always like to have a clear out. I think there’s nothing better than starting the new year with a freshly cleaned home and a clear mind. I also like to do other things just to really make the extra difference to my life and I think it’s time to share them with you!
- Having a clear out is important so whether it’s your clothing, your draws or whatever it could possibly be. Go ahead and empty your unnecessary items into the bin for another year.
- Make decorative change to your home. Fancy a new colour in your living room? Flooring? Make a list of things you want to do to make your house feel that extra more homey and you’ll thank yourself in December when you achieve these.
- Send happy new year cards! It’s always lovely to show people how much you love them and how grateful you are for them. I think writing cards is so thoughtful and what better than letting someone know you’re so happy that you have them in your life.
- Give to the homeless or a charity, maybe both? Who knows. December is a month for giving and it doesn’t stop there! Whether you have left over food or clearing away any old toys, you can always donate them.
- Organise your monthly bills. Paper chase have the most incredible annual budget diaries and I think it’s a great way to get your finances in order and make 2018 another successful year.
- Plan a trip! There is nothing better than knowing you have something to look forward too. I definitely plan on organising a holiday this year and I can’t wait to give myself a little motivation and excitement for the upcoming months.
- Setting goals is important and for me, I like to do them monthly rather than yearly as they’re often more achievable. I really think that it’s important to do more of what makes you happy and do things to improve your sense of self.
Let me know some of the things that you like to do in January to make your new year more successful!
With love, Beth x