I’ve been blogging for over a year now and I’m still learning. Every post, every photo and every day, I learn something new and different ways to improve my content. I love blogging and it’s become such a big part of my life that I can’t imagine ever taking away. It’s not just sitting at a computer, writing and taking a photo before uploading it. It’s spending weeks planning your monthly posts, it’s taking photos and editing them to be perfect, it’s drafting the posts to make see they’re as good as they can be and then there’s advertising them as well as the added extras. It’s difficult and for some people, it’s a full time job.
For me, I’m in uni, I work and I’m a full time blogger so a lot of the time I’m always busy doing something. Although for me, my blog is a priority and I’ll make sure every single week I have 3 posts uploaded. I’ve never missed a day and I don’t have that intention to do it anytime soon. It’s hard though, which is why I have 5 tips for all of you new bloggers out there who are unsure of what they’re doing and anxious about their new life as a blogger.
1. Be consistent. I know some bloggers are perfectly happy to just post now and again, which is fine. However, consistency for me was so important and without that I don’t think I would be where I am now. I post 3 times a week about lifestyle, beauty and books. I love my content, I love the way I write and the fact that I have a method to my madness. It makes juggling life easier!
2. Write what makes you happy. Nobody else can tell you what to write, you can take advice and guidance of course. But what you write is your choice and it’s entirely up to you.
3. The blogging community can be full of positive and negative people, embrace the positive and ignore the negativity. You’re a blogger from the minute you launch your blog and your first post. You will get people who put nasty comments but be the bigger person and move on from them.
4. I always spend at least one evening a week reading other peoples blogs. Mostly because I love to see other people’s content and also because it helps me to improve my own and think of new content to upload. Liking, following and comment on others blogs will help you to gain more interaction as well!
5. Get involved with the blogging community. There are twitter chats that bloggers have at least everyday, we get to chat with each other, make friends and promote your blog. Admittedly, there is sometimes blogging drama but I always like to keep out of it. Getting involved will help you become known.
Enjoy your blog! Embrace your new life as a blogger.
With love, Beth x