University is hard to juggle with your social life, job (if you have one), sleeping pattern and more. Especially if you’re a first year. By third year you will have gotten your sleeping pattern in order and almost mastered organising, hopefully.
However, in first year it’s a totally different ball game. You’re in a new place with new founding freedom and independence, so what better way to use this independence than staying up every night until 6am and sleeping your day away? Then you’re stressed because you’ve missed lecturers, you gain weight because you aren’t eating correctly and you always feel down because it’s exhausting. Well, I have a few tips to help you get through this.
- Your friends will be there in the morning. Sleep, it’s important. Even if you get to sleep by 1am and are awake by 8am. That way you’ve had 7 hours sleep which is pretty decent. As long as you get things done that morning you may even manage an afternoon nap. Napping will cure anything.
- Learn how to cook at least 2 maybe 3 meals. By doing this you’re saving money because you can cook in batch for the week. You can also help your weight and bank balance. This will also help when you’re in a rush and you can just reheat it in a microwave. By doing this I just feel like I’ve got my life together.
- Buy a calendar. Yes you have one on your phone but buying a hard calendar and putting it in eyesight will remind you of the things you have to do.
- Keep an organised desk. With an organised desk you can manage your way through those pesky assignments with a clear mind. When there is mess around me I find that I can’t concentrate.
- Drink water and lots of it. Yes I know those vodka lemonades and VKs are fantastically priced. However, water will keep you hydrated and encourage clear thoughts. You’ll feel more refreshed and awake.
I hope these tips work out for you!
With love, Beth x